Monday, August 16, 2010

Internet Security Suite ~ How often should I scan for viruses and spyware?

I'm using Verizon's Internet Security Suite which contains anti virus and anti spyware along with a firewall. I wish to set the system for scheduled scanning. I'm using Windows xp.



1) How often should I scan for viruses and spyware?



2) A scheduled scan won't take place if my pc is off.



3) Will it run if the pc is in hybernation mode?



4) Any drawbacks to leaving my pc in hybernation mode when I'm not using it instead of closing down all pc stuff



4) If yes to question #3 ~ what are the drawbacks?



Internet Security Suite ~ How often should I scan for viruses and spyware?triumph



1) How often should I scan for viruses and spyware schedule scan daily



2) A scheduled scan won't take place if my pc is off.



3) Will it run if the pc is in hybernation mode?



YES it will



4) Any drawbacks to leaving my pc in hybernation mode when I'm not using it instead of closing down all pc stuff



NO



--------------------------------------...



start up options - hibernate - shut down -screen saver password



go to start at bottom of screen in blue bar (task bar)



go to control panel



choose power options



choose never to all listed there or the settings you want



choose apply then choose ok



if you want to hibernate



then choose hibernate

No comments:

Post a Comment