Monday, August 16, 2010

If i put a HDD with viruses into my pc as slave,will it affect my master HDD?

My brothers HDD has viruses on it %26 i need to update the anti-spyware software on it,so i was going to set it as slave on my pc %26 update,but i was hoping if anyone knows if this will affect my master HDD?Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.



If i put a HDD with viruses into my pc as slave,will it affect my master HDD?stinger



Viruses can transfer too easily. I copied my antiviral and anti-spyware, as well as my firewall onto a CD-ROM, installed the new HDD, then installed the protection software before ever connecting my computer to the internet. Once your new HDD is protected, then you can consider hooking in the old HDD as a slave to transfer files.



If i put a HDD with viruses into my pc as slave,will it affect my master HDD?virus scanner



Since you have the drive as a slave of the master, your drive can manipulate his and vice-versa. Try using a flash drive or CD to update his anti-spyware software.
most virus' are loaded into the registry.



they are then ''executed'' at the target location. If the drive ''letter'' changes, It may disable the link but some malware is designed to reinstall itself.



Do a scan with Spybot, and see what It can clean out.
best to leave it in his pc.. anti spyware? u mean anti virus..

No comments:

Post a Comment