Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I cleaned my PC from viruses/spyware but now my desktop is blank? Help!?

About a week ago I did a thorough cleaning of my PC for viruses and spyware/malware, vundo's, etc... I had one bug that changed my desktop wallpaper to a hazardous 'PRIVACY DANGER' image. Ever since i deleted all the bad files my desktop wallpaper has stayed blank and i get a message saying



''Cannot find 'file:///C:/WINDOWS/priva cy _danger/index.htm'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct.''



All my icons are still there but the background is blank. How can I fix this?



I cleaned my PC from viruses/spyware but now my desktop is blank? Help!?virus protection software



Start -%26gt; Run -%26gt; Regedit



Delete anything dodgy under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run



I cleaned my PC from viruses/spyware but now my desktop is blank? Help!?adware



go to preformance and use restore to a perious date, go back about 2 weeks~ it'll give up a calender and takes about 5-10 min! bekieve me i've done it myself
Right click an open part of the desktop, and choose Properties. Desktop tab. Customize Desktop button. Web tab. Uncheck anything here. OK...OK...
You wouldn't happen to be running DOS?
choose a picture that u want and aplly it as your background
Listen to Dr Phill. If that doesn't work, do a clean install.

No comments:

Post a Comment